Intellectual Property Rights
In accordance with Sect. 15 Para. 2 German Design Act (DesignG); Sect. 6a Para. 2 German Utility Model Act (GebrMG) and Sect. 35 Para. 1 No. 2, Para. 3 German Trademark Act (MarkenG) international property right (IPR) protection is granted annually for designs, utility models and trademarks exhibited at the InnoTrans.
This IPR protection ensures that the IPR of any new product presented by an exhibitor during the trade fair are protected not only from the date on which it is registered with the German Patent and Trademark Office, but rather from the first day of presentation at the trade fair. The prerequisite for making use of this priority is, however, that the application for registration is submitted within a period of 6 months from the first day of presentation at the trade fair.
Note: This priority cannot be claimed for patents!
Messe Berlin can provide a certificate of exhibition, which can be downloaded here. The completed certificate of exhibition will be signed and stamped at the trade fair by its management.
Please note that Messe Berlin cannot provide any legal advice.
We thus strongly recommend that you obtain specialist advice from a lawyer.
Recommendations for exhibitors in case of disputes before and during the trade fair:
Further information can be obtained from the following organizations among others:
- German Patent and Trademark Office: www.dpma.de
- Central Office for Commercial Legal Protection: www.ipr.zoll.de
- Chamber of Patent Lawyers: www.patentanwalt.de
- Berlin Chamber of Lawyers: www.rak-berlin.de
- Product and Trademark Piracy Action Group: www.markenpiraterie-apm.de
- Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology: www.patentserver.de